[Tango-L] Kentucky Derby Tango

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu Jul 13 20:32:31 EDT 2006

Earlier today, I wrote there's a tango that reminds me of a horse race. After listening to a lot of CDs, I finally found it. The tango is La Tablada with Donato's orquestra. The opening measures remind me of the bugler playing the "call to race" that notifies the jockeys to bring their horses to the gate. After the horses are locked in, I see the gates fly open and the horses rush out in time with the music. I supply my own commentary for the imaginary race.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
The heat and humidity must be getting to me

I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango