[Tango-L] Tango to everything

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Thu Jul 13 18:22:29 EDT 2006

I believe tango is well suited for any type of music.

Of course, there is music to which only ballerinas or break-dancers can
dance.

For tango, it seems to me, the most important feature of danceable music is
complex rhythmical variations, allowing expression of reach tango rhythmical
capabilities and vocabulary.

Shortly, if rhythm does not change in the next measure - it is boring, so it
is not suitable for tango.

As one of my tango-friends, a professional modern dancer said: "When I come
to tango I relax - music carries me and makes a dance for me. With other
music I have to make a dance myself"

Igor Polk
PS
Michael, I also would like to know about your recommendations of gritty
Texas blues bands.