[Tango-L] tango to the blues

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 16:27:20 EDT 2006

If tango is about mood, then I don't see how far off the blues are from
tango music.

A friend of mine thinks tango could also be danced to Indian music - more
specifically, Lata's music. If there's 8 beats or 16 half beats, why not?

Methinks there should be a new term - tango fundamentalists.

Tango has gone through a long evolution - why should it stop evolving now?
Where did we draw the line and say ok, on this day, month, year, tango must
no longer change. And who dictated that?

Caroline