[Tango-L] Women and Classes

Euroking@aol.com Euroking at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 18:12:31 EDT 2006

The brilliance of the Internet is how well a simple statement can be
construed. It is like analyzing a poet, what did the poet mean when he wrote....  400
years ago. It makes for good points but accuracy can be fleeting.

I say this because I took Ron's statement totally different.  I took  his
comparison to the intent of the dancer(s) in a social setting. I read his
preference to be the same as you stated here. The key is the partners and what
transpires between them. The peanut gallery be dammed. It is not them you are
dancing for. If you and you partner are enjoying the dance, that is all that
counts. Ron's counterpoint seemed to imply IMO that some leads or partners are
not dancing for themselves, but to "perform" for the people sitting around
watching the dance. These leads or couples are performing to gain the acceptance
or to impress those around them. That is not good.

I did not read his comment as a derogation of performers or their  art.
Again that is IMO,

Just some thoughts,

Bill in Seattle

In a message dated 7/12/2006 1:39:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,