[Tango-L] Swango music

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jul 12 16:46:29 EDT 2006

I have a look at the site of swango seattle, and the music they quote as swango music, is tango nuevo as they call it , i.e. narcotango, bajo fondo , gotan project.etc.. Also some musical singings by Queen Latifah ,Tina turner.

  Well...., it looks as a ball room dancing subject , there have been made performances on stage ...  It is not clear wether the teaching of this swango is for ballroom contest, or as a proposal of alternate dancing for a dancing place.

  Is too early to put a label on this swango , if they are happy learning and dancing ... blessed them all . As far as I see, it is quite apart yet to be considered a tango dancing style , it could be taken as a social dancing amusement .

  I wonder what could be out of a merge from quick step and milonga ....

  Quicksteponga ?? With a music track from the milonga "Orillera" from  quinteto pirincho embedded into the "live and let die" theme from Paul Mac Cartney ( that has been played by another group, as he say on stage when came to Buenos Aires on 1994)

  warm regards
  alberto gesualdi