[Tango-L] Women and Classes

Ron Weigel tango.society at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:28:50 EDT 2006

On 7/6/06, steve pastor <tang0man2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   I personally find it rather sad when women begin to do adornos excessively, dancing
>   more or less with themselves rather than with their partner. The flip side to the woman
>   feeling like she is there only so the man can show off his steps is the man feeling as if
>   he is there so the woman can show off her adornos.

In social dancing, women's adornos should be an expression from within
rather than a display to the outside. They should be coordinated with
the time and space framework provided by the leader. They should not
disrupt this (e.g., pull him off his axis).

The same is true for for men's steps - they should not disrupt the
balance (space) and momentum (time) of women.

Dancing with your partner is preferred over dancing for the audience.

Ron