[Tango-L] Men and classes

Ed Doyle doyleed at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 16:49:21 EDT 2006

Hi All,
I have the singularly good fortune of living six months of the year in
Portland Oregon, and six months of the year in Fort Lauderdale,
Florida.  All the teachers in Portland (and there are many) seem to me
to spend an equal amount of time in their group lessons on follower
techniques.  Often as a warm up, everyone, leaders and followers spend
time walking backwards in a giant circle.  Although this is primarily
for the followers, I think I have benefited as a leader too.  If
anyone here gets the chance to take group classes from Oscar Caballero
and Roxana Garber in North Miami Florida, there is no question that
they are very very concerned with follower technique - try them and
see.
Happy tango-ing.
Ed