[Tango-L] Corte, what is it? %)

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Thu Jul 6 12:48:38 EDT 2006

Today I have received Clay Nelson's invitation to Ashland Tango Weekend with
Silvina.

One of the lessons is named: "Sequences with rebotes and changes of
direction."

Rebote means rebound ( As Tom said ).

I think these are Cortes I was talking about:
>A thing which I call "paso cortado" and I am looking a popular name for is
mostly done in double time, it is only one forth-back,  and it is done
without weight transform. It is not a figure by itself, but a part of many
figures mostly in close, but also in open embrace.<

The same thing might be called "Picque", "Rock step", "Checked step"

I personally dislike the word Rebote, even thought it describes the thing
pretty well.
It sounds like a Robot to me ( My university diploma is about Robots :). I
am an "automatic control systems" engineer. Someone may know what it means:
systems, signals, feedbacks, leading and following in engineering and in the
world around us. )

Igor.