[Tango-L] ENDEMIC PROBLEM

joanneprochaska@aol.com joanneprochaska at aol.com
Wed Jul 5 12:35:45 EDT 2006

Dear Anne,
It sounds like you have observed the same thing in Boston as Astrid has in Japan.  Interesting, eh?
I am still very interested in hearing your (and any other woman's) personal experience in tango growth, from your first tango experience to now.
I also observe what is happening in the tango community,  because along with my husband, Tim, I teach and promote tango in Cleveland.  However, I do not know the underlying reasons of what I observe unless I talk to people to see what their motives and frustrations really are.
So, please, all you ladies out there in L-List land, care to comment?
Maybe this will shed some light on what course of action individuals/teachers/promoters/organizers need to take to improve the situation.
Thanks for listening,
Joanne Pogros
Cleveland, Ohio