[Tango-L] what vs what?

andrea ako31 at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jul 1 16:10:47 EDT 2006

hi all-

havent had time to read or write but seems like same criticisms,
different channel. i know, i know that this is a criticism...save ur
emails. it is said with love.

anyway, with all the writing going on, and i assume an equal number
of hours spent dancing, how does anyone get anything done like
laundry, food shopping, bill paying and the like?

having spent the day doing all of the above i have realized that the
time i spend dancing has taken away considerable time from these
necessary labors.

because of tango i eat out and take out more, my laundry basket takes
on monolithic proportions, and the grime on the surfaces in my loft
often equal  what is sifted through on archeological digs.

i am curious how tango has effected others' lives.

diverting  from the current contentiousness with jake (whoever u r, i
missed ur entrance)  i wonder as to whether there is such a thing as
too much tango as there is in too much arguing about it? Are the
aching feet (which i also tend to ignore the care and maintenance of)
and the loss of important hours of restorative sleep signifiers that
we are out of balance in our priority making?  is chasing that 'tango
moment' out of desperation to re-experience it again and again, out
of an attempt to fill the emptiness in the heart as gavito once
described? Or is it a sane and compassionate way to order our lives
so that we can do something that inspires us, makes us each smile
(metaphorically and literally) and the laundry be damned?

a n d r e a