[Tango-L] wine with tango pictures?

Michael Knowles binkster at binkster.net
Wed Dec 27 14:26:40 EST 2006

There are several wines with tango dancers on the label. Here are some
choices--I'm sure there are others I'm missing:

Romance Wines from Mendoza. They make a Red and a White.
http://www.romancewines.com/

Vino Tango from Mendoza. I don't know if they are still in business but
they once had a big offering of 2001 vintage grapes:
http://www.vino.com/wineries/argentina/tour.asp?winery_ID=5614&cr_ID=112#profile

Letra de Tango (a subdivision of Lagarde) from Mendoza. They made a
Malbec, a Merlot and a Viognier in 1999... I don't know if they are
still in production. Lagarde continues to make numerous wines.
http://www.boutiquedevinos.com.ar/Lagarde.htm
http://www.lagarde.com.ar/

Morovino winery in California made a Tango wine in 1999 which might
still be available for $22/bottle. Expensive for party wine.  ;^)
http://www.morovino.com/wines.html

One quick option you have is printing your own custom art labels at home
and covering up the generic originals with yours. If you had more lead
time you could achieve higher quality and order custom labels from The
Connoisseur in Kansas City which is a 'short' 3-hour drive from
Mt.Vernon. Or you could have the custom bottles shipped.
http://www.giftsofwine.com/kansascity.html

Catalunya Tango has their own labels made--cava, no less. Cheers!
http://catalunyatango.com/fotos/cava1.jpg

--
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
binkster at binkster.net