[Tango-L] Community Building

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 12:32:47 EST 2006

Thank you, Nina, for a couple of excellent posts.  I agree
with your assessment about the importance of shared values
with beginners in your last email.  However, it can be very
difficult to change shared values in an existing community
with poor standards.  This is the situation that quite a
few communities face.

There seems to be an underlying assumption in this thread
that having Quality or Quantity is an either/or situation.
I don't believe that is necessarily the case.  Ann Arbor is
an excellent example of a sizable community with good
quality dancing.

We're at in interesting point in our area, because
increasing quantity is going to be a bigger focus for us in
the next year or two, now that the quality is heading in
the direction we want.  I see trying to combine both
quality and quantity as a challenge that should interest
teachers and organizers.

Trini de Pittsburgh

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/