[Tango-L] IV Campeonato Mundial de Tango -- obtaining free tickets for the finals

Janis Kenyon jantango at feedback.net.ar
Sat Aug 26 14:24:08 EDT 2006

This morning at 7:30am there were 50 people waiting in line at the ticket
booth at La Rural.  The first man in line arrived at 6:00am so he could get
a main floor reserved seat for the finals of the salon tango competition.
Two others in line told me they came from Quilmes and Avellaneda at 6:00am
to arrive at 7:30am.  The ticket booth opened on time at 10:00am.  What
started as one long line down Avenida Santa Fe turned into several lines at
the ticket booths.  I spoke with two Americans from North Carolina who had
been at last year's finals, so they knew the routine of getting in line
early for tickets.  I could have gotten seats down in front, but I prefer
bleacher seating where you can see the entire stage.  I'm certain that all
4,000 tickets were handed out in a few hours.