[Tango-L] Distance

Tine tine_elists at tangomuse.com
Fri Aug 25 15:57:04 EDT 2006

Hello all
well that is a drag that you have to travel so far to dance.
Forgive me for suggesting the obvious, but how about starting your own
event?
It's what I did. There was monthly tango here, or travel to Boston or NY (we
are in btw the two). Not good enough! We now have weekly social dancing and
another weekly serious practica.
It was started by regular students, not anybody with that much expertise
starting out. If you live 400 miles from the nearest practica, it's not like
any Argentines or big city tango people are about to move to your town and
start something for you.
You could get your hands on a set of tanda CDs from a DJ in BA, while a DJ
grows into the job.
Tine