[Tango-L] IV Campeonato Mundial -- how the pre-championships are organized in foreign countries

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Aug 25 01:48:19 EDT 2006

> "Without having to travel too far"!  You don't know anything about having
to travel too far!  :-)  Over here in Australia, people travel from Perth to
Sydney for the finals - over 3,000km!

> Cheers,
> Geoff

while we are having fun bragging about to what length we go for tango let me
tell you that it is 36 hours of travel (by air !) from Japan to Buenos
Aires, often with two stopovers/transfers in the USA. And 10 or 12 hours
jetlag.
I have travelled 11000 km to find a better flamenco teacher, and am about to
travel 9000 km to join a bellydance tour... With 7 hours jetlag "only".
Talk about dancer's addiction !

Have you read "The rules of addiction" yet, from my collection of 2006 poems
on Igor's tango blog?
Here: http://www.virtuar.com/tango/articles/2006/rules-astrid.htm

For better or worse
 a tanguera