[Tango-L] Campeonato Mundial de Baile de Tango -- judgingcriteriaand pre-championships

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Wed Aug 23 00:04:08 EDT 2006

Well, whatever, just checked:
the results for the semifinals are out and among them are:

tango escenario:
Kawai Aya
 Albarracin Manuel Alejandro
 Tokio - Japon

Hirai Makiko
 Cuello Gonzalo Damian
 Tokio - Japon

meaning, these are Gonzalo and Manuel, teaching assistents from Luna de
Tango, and their partners. Gonzalo went up to the semifinals last year too .
Manuel and Aya had been out after the first round.  I wish them well. Manuel
has vastly improved to high precision and a soft lead. Gonzalo has been very
good for a while. And Makiko is a brilliant dance partner for him, who has
her own school.
Sebastian is out after the first round, some accident must have happened,
because he is a good dancer too, but it is his first experience at the
campeonato.  Laura seemed quite nervous on Sunday when I came to the
practica, while the first rounds were being danced.

And then I see two more wellknown teaching couples from Tokyo, both with an
obvious ballroom background:

tango escenario y tango salon:
Urushihara Arisa - Urushihara Mikage
 Tokio - Japon

tango salon:
Tanada Noriko -Tanada Akiyoshi
Tokio- Japon

and 2 or 3 more Japanese couples who I don't know. The Tanadas were on a
photo on that page of Clarin the other day, dancing on the street, that
announced the preparations for the mundial.