[Tango-L] Paris, Texas

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Tue Aug 22 12:05:22 EDT 2006

> Would anyone speculate (or know) about any relationship between Gotan's
"Paris, Texas" and the 1984 movie by the same title?

Hi,
I have only been able to hear a sample on their website, but from that it
seems obvious to me:
the Western sound, like something out of a cowboy movie, with the mood of
Paris, Texas: lonely, sad, forlorn and romantic. Like the man in the movie,
walking alone through the dusty streets, sad and in search of something.
Maybe check out the sound track of that movie? I don't remember it.

Astrid
Wim Wenders is German, by the way.