[Tango-L] Getting students to dances

Hoyt Ng hoytlee at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 18 15:07:45 EDT 2006

That's actually a good approach.  Improv teaches folks to make their mistakes "up", that is laugh it off so you don't punish yourself for it, that includes how you physically carry yourself after the error.

I also had some great advice once from an Argentine tango instructor who said, what's the big deal you're only one beat away from fixing any problem, you've only got two feet and you're on one of them just change feet.  kinda puts it all in perspective.