[Tango-L] (no subject)

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Tue Aug 15 14:47:16 EDT 2006

Korey,

...< missed section >...

We support you, as you can see, but please, support us, dear musicians !

Please, study the real tango music, admired by most dancers !!!

1920-1952. 17 great orchestras ( plus Castillo )
http://www.totango.net/best.html
Only 18! In only a month you can listen to about 3-4 hours of each! I would
prefer a year, thought.
And you have to love it!

You brought just one example. There are life music parties with very
successful atmosphere.
As well as many parties poorly DJ-ed. Many components contribute to success
besides the skills and repertoire of musicians.

It is not what we are talking about.

We are talking about QUALITY TANGO MUSIC, the way we would like it to be.

Want to play Modern? Play ! But after studying. Then you will play RIGHT,
and GREAT !
If you want to be a second Piazzolla, you should start not with him. But
with Canaro.

CANARO IS SIMPLE. BUT IT HAS A BEAT! If you are not good enough to
impersonate Piazzolla, DO NOT !!!!
Start with plain simple straight street rhythms of Canaro !
I can not believe that you can not do it.

Igor Polk.