[Tango-L] (no subject)

David dhodgson at tango777.com
Tue Aug 15 01:44:17 EDT 2006

Nice email Korey;

Now I am not a musician (don't know how much energy it takes to put
something like that together). Nor am I am expert on music history or
technical structure. I am a dancer, I hear and interpret the music this way
(I do know how much time and energy it takes to do Tango).
When I dance, if I don't like something in an evening (not very often) I
state my point but also try to find something positive about it and keep it
as my opinion. If someone mentions something about the music I don't know
about, for the most part I want to hear what they have to say regardless of
my opinion. If I am not enjoying something like the music and everyone else
seems to be. Then most of the time the problem is mine.
An exception might be if I am talking with some argentines or someone who
also has sarcastic humor, I will say something nice then rip it to shreds.

I do say that I really appreciated your email Michael. I did not agree with
a lot of it. But it was a good opinion, it did not seem personal, you gave
some suggestions and you gave credit where credit was due. Very nice.