[Tango-L] What Does It Take to Dance Tango?

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 16:19:12 EDT 2006

I'm astounded, so far, there's been several responses to my first post today
- both private and public and seems to me that the general consensus among
men who responded is that women do not need instructions or training to
dance the tango! That in fact, the less training, the better.

I would like to hear from more women on this subject and I would also like
to say to the men that unless you've gone through an entire week of Milongas
only as a follower - only then would you be able to empathize with how much
training (or none) a woman/follower needs. When I first went to a Milonga 8
months ago - I had hardly any training at all and I had never felt so out of
place and lost and quite frankly, stupid in my life. I am actually so glad
that I did take classes. So that's why I'm so surprised by the responses
I've gotten today from the men.

so men need training and women don't? Is that the general idea?