[Tango-L] The world's best Argentine Tango Festival

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 22:34:20 EDT 2006

I would like to publicly extend my appreciation, (and Happy Birthday
wishes!), to Karen Whitesell, for presenting, once again, one of the
finest of all Argentine Tango Festivals. "Meeting in the Middle" last
weekend was truly a fantastic experience. Everything ran like a
well-oiled machine thanks to Karen, Janis, Ida, and Connie, and the $1
taxi service by Ann. All of the food was delicious and more than
plentiful. Ice cream every day.
GREAT MUSIC by Robert Hauk and Robin Thomas. Super classes by Robert
Hauk/Barbara Durr, Robin Thomas/Jennifer Olsen, and Ney Melo/Jennifer
Bratt.
I've attended many classes by these guys in the past, and will always
look forward to the next! The milongas were MAGICAL. And really great
tango fanatics from all over the US helped make this event so special;
it's actually an intimate, family affair, where old friendships are
renewed, and new ones are made each year.

This festival is held in the finest venue I've ever had the privilege to
enjoy. The ballroom is special not only because of its beauty, but also
because one knows upon seeing this gorgeous building, that Karen put her
heart and soul, and a helluva lot of work, into its restoration. Her
love of tango seeps out of the beautiful wood floors, shines from the
chandeliers, and is reflected by the mirrors in the antique arched
window frames on the south wall of the ballroom, which mirror the real
windows on the north side. Although one has to see it, and dance it, to
truly appreciate it, there are some great photos, and the story of its
transformation, at http://thelearningdepot.com/murrays-1/index.html

Karen, and all, many thanks for all your dedication, your hard work, and
the spirit you put into creating such a unique and wonderful experience.
You have all of my admiration and respect for the impact you've made on
me and many others through your generosity and love.

Warm regards to all, and I'm already looking forward to next August!

Michael Figart II
Houston, Texas