[Tango-L] what is...

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Tue Aug 8 17:41:40 EDT 2006

Trini wrote:

While we're at it, could anyone tell me the English
translation of "piernazos", which include high ganchos?
<<<

My sources tell me on this one: basically "kick in the butt".  There are
films of El Cachafaz doing this to his follower, or it can also be a led
move of the follower's onto the leader's waiting butt-cheek.

We sometimes affectionately call it the "Wallet Snatcher" based on a myth
that women in the old days used this wraparound-high-gancho figure to slip
the edge of a heel into the guy's wallet pocket, enabling them to deftly
toss the wallet in question to a partner-in-crime sitting on the edge of the
floor...
;) ;)

All the best,
Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, Colorado 80302 USA
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a better world, one tango at a time"