[Tango-L] A slippery slope...

Lucia curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 4 09:29:29 EDT 2006

Caveat! Getting into the habit of analyzing teachers like that, you may never stop...

  Lucia ;->

"Trini y Sean (PATangoS)" <patangos at yahoo.com> escribió:  The question to ask is ... "best" at what?

musicality?
playfulness?
connection?
creativity?
energy?
etc...?

teaching musicality?
teaching playfulness?
teaching connection?
teaching creativity?
teaching energy?
teaching etc...?

Being able to differentiate details between different
dancers or teachers is an important skill if one wants to
really improve.  Read the details, find their marketing
niche.  Good teachers develop particular strengths and
styles.  So a community could have many "best" dancers, but
they are the "best" for different things.

I only use personal references from dancers I respect whose
tastes are similar to mine, since I don't have Igor's
unlimited income for buying video tapes and classes.
 :)

I have figured out that one doesn't necessarily need to
study from "the best", only from someone who is better at
something than you are.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Caroline Polack  wrote:

> I've been doing a lot of browsing on the internet, of
> various tango schools
> and teachers, in North America, and of course Argentina.
> Is it just me or is
> every single teacher "one of the most respected and
> well-known tango dancers
> in Buenos Aires"?

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat3.asp?id=2287