[Tango-L] "Stay away from self appointed tango teachers."

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 11:27:20 EDT 2006

Hi Derik,

Trini, here.  As someone who dances close-embrace most
of the time, I can tell you that it is quite possible
to do a front ocho in close-embrace.  Your posts
indicate that your relative inexperience lets you
believe that such is not possible.  I suggest that if
you worked more on the close-embrace you will discover
a lot more options that you are missing out on.  And
you might understand better why so many people, not
just Americans, enjoy dancing close-embrace
"all-the-time".

Personally, dancing close allows me to better
communicate with my partner.  This is the spice that
adds a lot of variety to the dance...to those men who
can listen.

Happy tangos, whatever your style.
Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Derik Rawson <rawsonweb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Sean:
>
> 1.  I chose Andres because I like the way he dances.
> 2.  Andres would probably tell you and all the other
> "close embrace all the time people", to open up the
> embrace briefly to allow a front ocho, and then
> close
> the embrace again afterwords.  Variety is the spice
> of
> life, right?
>
> Derik
> d.rawson at rawsonweb.com

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm