[Tango-A] NA-C: Workshops July 10-12 with Damian Lobato in Kansas City

kmcgeeney@att.net kmcgeeney at att.net
Sun Jun 28 18:41:47 EDT 2009

Workshop weekend with Damian Lobato July 10-12.

Damian Lobato of Buenos Aires has been to Kansas City before and is well respected by local tango dancers. All classes and both milongas will be at Howard Carney's Swing-Salsa-Tango loft space in the River Market area, 510 W. 5th St., K.C., Mo.

Friday July 10
9:00-midnight: Milonga - Come join us in one of the coolest dance spaces in town.
DJ: Oleh Kovalchuke (of Kansas City)

Saturday July 11
1:00-2:00: Technique for leaders and followers - Good technique makes good dancers.
2:15-3:15: Turns - The turn is one of the basic steps of tango. With the many variations that are possible, it is also one of the most useful.
3:30-4:30: Musicality - Without learning additional steps there is a new world to explore if you play with the music. Damian specializes in teaching musicality and local dancers have really liked these classes and found them very helpful.

9:00-midnight: Milonga
DJ: Mike Tennant (of St. Louis)

Sunday July 12
1:00-2:00: Milonga (the dance) - Milonga is one of the "fathers" of the tango. Those who don't dance it are missing out on a lot of fun.
2:15-3:15: Musicality 2 - This class will build on the concepts from the previous day's musicality class.
3:30-4:30: Sequences - We will learn some sequences that contain interesting things that we will analyze in terms of musicality.

Prices:
$20 each for 1 or 2 classes
$55 for 3 classes
$70 for 4 classes
$85 for 5 classes
$100 for all 6 classes
The Friday and Saturday dances are $5 each with the purchase of at least one class, or $10 without.

A limited number of private lessons is available for $80/hr on Monday, July 13. Contact me if you would like to schedule a lesson.

Kathy McGeeney (kmcgeeney at att.net)