[Tango-A] NA-E: Monica Paz' workshops in New York this weekend: only a few spots left. Pre-register now if you wish to get in!

Francesca francescabl at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 11:03:14 EDT 2009

 Monica Paz is teaching workshops this weekend at
Practilonga 939. At this time there are only a few more spots left in the “Followers
Technique and Embellishment” workshop on Satuday June 13th.

The
workshop “Suavidad y Elegancia” also on June 13th is almost full and
we can only accept two more couples and two more leaders. Unfortunately we
cannot accept any more followers for this class.

The master class + practica on Sunday June 14th is also almost full and we can only accept two more couples. Please contact me
as soon as possible at francescabl25 at gmail.com if you wish to register for any of the above. Here below a complete description
of the weekend program:

WORKSHOPS AT PRACTILONGA 939
939 8th Avenue at 56th street

Saturday June 13th– Studio
3A (buzzer 307) 3-4:30  Followers’ workshop - Technique & Embellishments -
Level: intermediate to advanced.
4:30-6   - Studio 4A (buzzer 405) “Suavidad y Elegancias” :
Workshop for leaders and followers focusing on smoothness and elegance for
both. Level: intermediate to advanced.
1
workshop $35/2 workshops in the same day $60

Sunday June 14th- Studio 4A
(buzzer 405)
An
afternoon with Monica: a closer insight into the nuances of milonguero style.
3-4:30
MASTER CLASS (couples only/pre-registration only): “An unconventional figure:
the leader’s turn.”
PLEASE
NOTE: This class is designed for students who are familiar with Monica’s method
and the milonguero style. Admission to the class is subject to prior approval
by the instructor and payment must be made in advance. If you do not have a
partner, please email me and we will put you in touch with other participants
that need a partner. Pre-registration will close on Thursday June 11th. Please
email me at francescabl25 at gmail.com or
call me to pre-register.

4:30 -
6:00 Guided practica: you will have a chance to apply on the dance floor what
was taught in the class. Monica will be working with each couple one on one
with suggestions and helpful corrections.
Class $60
per couple/Class + Practica $80 per couple

There are no more private classes available with
Monica so we strongly encourage you to register for the workshops to learn from
this great teacher.

The
complete schedule of her engagements is posted on www.tangotuscany.com.

You can get a preview of her beautiful style and
unparalleled teaching skills at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/franber1.

brief bio:
native of Argentina, Ms. Paz began serious training in tango in 1995 at the
Municipalidad de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Universidad del Tango.  She has studied under numerous tango
masters including Francisco Santapa (1996), Juan Carlos Copes (1997), and
Carlos Gavito (2003).  In 1996, Ms.
Paz began teaching tango at the Academia de Tango Francisco Santapa and in 1997
she received the honorable position of Government of the City of Buenos Aires’s
Tango Teacher for seven cultural centers which she holds to this day.  Ms. Paz has taught tango extensively
throughout Argentina and in the United States.  Since 2007, she has been traveling to the US and Europe
gaining great recognition for her unparalleled skills as a dancer as an
instructor. She has taught classes and performed at many of the popular
milongas on the East Coast of the US, in the Netherlands and Belgium.