[Tang-Residents] Results of the house tax ballot

Harshad Dilip Khadilkar harshadk at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 18 23:50:03 EST 2012

Dear Tang residents,

The results of the house tax ballot have been counted and verified. The motion to charge all tenants $2 per month has been passed. We have been in touch with MIT Housing to iron out the details of when and how this charge can be levied, according to institute rules. The outcome of this discussion is that the additional charge will be added to everyone's monthly bill on Websis, starting in Fall 2013. No backlog will be collected for the months before that.

We have ensured complete oversight throughout this process, and the housemasters have been privy to all procedures and vote counts. Should you still wish to verify that your vote was properly logged, please contact tang-government at mit.edu for a confirmation. If there are any disputes that cannot be resolved by the THRA, the housemasters will act as arbitrators. Note that due to privacy concerns, you may only ascertain the veracity of your own vote.

We would like to thank all those who shared their opinions with us. We assure you that all suggestions will be given serious thought, and implemented if they are feasible. A procedure for all residents to be able to access information about the workings of the THRA in the future, is currently being set up.

To everyone, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thanks,
THRA