[Sci-tech-public] Call for works engaging the future of books and storytelling for UNBOUND symposium (May 3-4)

Hye Jean Chung hyejean at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 20 12:59:37 EDT 2012

CALL FOR WORKS ENGAGING THE FUTURE OF BOOKS AND STORYTELLING
Unbound: Speculations on the Future of the Book (May 4, 2012)
In conjunction with the Mellon symposium, Unbound: Speculations on the Future of the Book (http://futurebook.mit.edu<http://futurebook.mit.edu/>), we are planning an interactive show-and-tell exhibition to highlight work being done at MIT surrounding the future of books and storytelling.
>From digital humanities projects, to immersive interactive experiences, to games, to hand-made book projects, we will welcome submissions that engage this topic through a wide range of approaches.
The exhibition / showcase will be installed in the lower atrium of E14 outside Bartos Theater for the afternoon of May 4th and will include interaction stations, posters, and artifacts. Visitors will have the opportunity to interact with participants during coffee breaks and at the event's closing reception. In anticipation of the event, those who will exhibit works will be invited to post introductions or explanations to the symposium blog: http://futurebook.mit.edu/blog. Posts may be excerpts from previously published work, videos, documentation, or other promotional material about the project.
Registration for the symposium is FREE, and we hope for a lively turnout from the MIT community.
If you are interested in showcasing your work or have questions about the symposium and how your research might fit our theme, please contact Hye Jean Chung (Hye Jean Chung <hyejean at mit.edu<mailto:hyejean at mit.edu>>) by 4/23/2012.
We look forward to hearing from you and to seeing you at the event!