[Sci-tech-public] John Durant, Cambridge Science Festival in NYTimes

David Kaiser dikaiser at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 10 08:22:56 EDT 2012

Hello, all,

In case you missed it, the New York Times ran a lovely story yesterday about our own Prof. John Durant, member of STS and Director of the MIT Museum, and about John's tireless and extraordinary efforts to launch the Cambridge Science Festival and spread the idea to other cities around the country. You can read the story here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/10/science/mits-john-durant-a-cheerleader-for-science.html?

Remember that this year's Cambridge Science Festival runs from 20 - 29 April, and you can find details here:

http://cambridgesciencefestival.org/Home.aspx

Please join me in thanking (and congratulating) John for his wonderful contributions --

best,
Dave

__________
David Kaiser
Germeshausen Professor of the History of Science
Department Head, Program in Science, Technology, & Society
and Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics
Room E51-179
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA