[Save] Science Fiction and the Environment

Jerrad Pierce belg4mit at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 31 17:23:14 EST 2003

Hi all! We're moving forward with the IAP offering of "Science Fiction and
the Environment" (11.178/11.957 optional 3 units credit).

   Dyson Spheres. Soylent Green. Dole yeast, dogs and man. Group discussions
   about society and the environment centered around works of science fiction.

We're currently polling to get an idea about the level of interest,
and any recommendations for readings; ear not, we have selections in
mind but would like to round it out a bit. We're mostly looking for short
stories/novellas or specific portions of books to excerpt), movies, and
background readings for the environmentally clueless.

RSVP
--
H4sICNoBwDoAA3NpZwA9jbsNwDAIRHumuC4NklvXTOD0KSJEnwU8fHz4Q8M9i3sGzkS7BBrm
OkCTwsycb4S3DloZuMIYeXpLFqw5LaMhXC2ymhreVXNWMw9YGuAYdfmAbwomoPSyFJuFn2x8