[Save] Fwd: Re: recycling in dorms

Derrick Barnes dbarnes at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 17 14:23:14 EST 2003

Hi, Alma,

We actually do have a recycling program at Bexley Hall.  If you go to the
basement, you will see well-used bins behind the bar and the water fountain
near the soda machine.  The housekeepers separate the recyclables as they
throw away the trash and put it in the bins behind the bar.  The bins are
taken to the back of Bexley on Tuesday night for Wednesday morning's
pickup.  Since there is very limited space in the kitchens and suites, the
bins became a tripping hazard.  The residents decided to put the
recyclables next to the trash barrels so the housekeepers collect it all
when they empty trash from room to room.  The trash, which is emptied
daily, is sorted through in case the residents miss some of the recycling.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Derrick