Hello WF'ers

David Trant david_trant at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 23:34:47 EDT 2021

Wow!  Blast from the past.  I remember all the banter we've had and not only attending but having the pleasure of speaking at ASUG events that seem like ancient history now.  Personal adventures led us to call the local charity and give everything land-based away and move onto a sailboat (started with a Catalina 22) and worked from the boat while harbor-hopping throughout the Keys and New England before deciding we needed a bigger boat.  (I always joked that if I had time to write a book the title would be "Two Guys, Two Cats, 22 Feet"!)  After working a few contracts from the boat, we took a 7-month sabbatical to explore the Gulf of Mexico.  I then landed a 6-month contract supporting the U.S. Navy in Charleston, SC in 2009.  I quickly learned that 'others' were responsible for all development and I ended up doing user support and KT.  I almost left the job as I knew my technical skills would deteriorate but stuck with it and am still on contract with them today!  By far the longest job I've ever had.  They completely customized PR workflow - no release strategy, responsibility rules, etc. -- all in the Customer Data tab!  Other workflows are closer to standard but it's been a very interesting adventure.  As I no longer develop anything, I don't have as close a connection to this group as I once did, but do cherish all you folks have done for me and each other over the years.  Thanks Sue for bringing us together again.