SRM ProcCtrl WF - Display Item details of current Decision Set (current Workitem)

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 00:16:28 EDT 2018

G'day Wuggers,

Within SRM 7.0 Process Controlled WF at Item Level for Shopping Carts there
is config and BAdIs to define Item Bundles with associated Approvers. This
done using the Responsibility Resolver and Area class concept.

Is it possible within the Long Text of the Workitem to show details of the
Cart Items associated current Decision Set? There is a linkage between Work
Item, Decision Set, Area and Cart Items but within the constricts of a
predefined framework Workflow I can't see any way to access this.

If I could access the current Work Item number within BUS2121 then I could
establish the linkage (Work Item into table /SAPSRM/D_WF_013 ​gives
Decision Set  and can then read /SAPSRM/D_WF_005 to get the Area GUID from
which I could invoke my own class methods).

None of the methods I've found reference to work in SRM because they rely
on Events being raised but SRM doesn't use events. So FM
SWO_QUERY_REQUESTER doesn't work, nor does method
cl_swf_evt_requester=>get_workitem.

Is there anyway to programmatically determine the Cart Items that relate to
the current Work Item so that details of just those Items can be shown in
the Work Item long text??

Without opening the Shopping Cart screen the user wants to know which Items
they are responsible for and what the total value of those are.
Many thanks,
Mark