SWEL event parameter value

Florin Wach florin.wach at systems-integration.net
Tue Oct 6 09:48:10 EDT 2015

Hi George,

I see :-)

Well... sometimes I'm missing the authorization to switch on/off the event
trace, while I can still take a look into it. And then I need to check, what
events are being filtered. And w/o auth. to SWELS you just can't see that.

I'm missing that feature with the parameter-logging, too, and it's just not
implemented into the runtime system and there's no chance to check that
afterwards.

What I sometimes do is to use different Message-ID's and Message-parameters to
indicate, what the values of the event-parameter(s) were, like "  OBJECTS was
empty "... or   "OBJECTS   VBRK  not found"...

The message will then be visible in the log, as you know.

Maybe this workaround is helpful.

Next year you may remember to raise an improvement request at the SAP Customer's
influence program for workflow, that the container is logged on exceptions ...
when the event-log is turned on.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Florin Wach
Senior Workflow Engineer
SAP Certified Development Associate for Workflow

http: //www. systems-integration. net