Out-of-the-box Webdynpro for Workflow?

Warren Eiserman warreneiserman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:50:08 EST 2015

Hi Rick,

Have a better idea of what you are looking for.
I am not aware of a standard WD4A solution like this, the EHSM uses PCBO
(Process Control Business Objects) which are part of the BOPF framework, so
suspect there are some (IF_WORKFLOW) classes that have this implemented.
Don't think it would be a simple exercise to decouple these for a generic
solution. i.e. the results of the actions are persisted in the BOPF layer
so likely they may be reading from there. More info here
<https://help.sap.com/saphelp_ehsext10/helpdata/en/b4/07cb5f7c7c402a93744fda1bbad88d/content.htm>

I have seem some generic WD4A around the SAP ISR (Internal Service
Request), but don't think this would help you.
It might also be worthwhile looking at a WD4A CHIP solution for your
requirements, where you map the work item # as an inbound parameter? Here
is a good blog
<http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-abap/blog/2011/10/09/chips-pagebuilder-and-the-side-panel--part-1>
about CHIPS (but not specific for your scenario).

Regards, Warren