Table Driven Dynamic Parallel Processing and Deadline...

Bratzler, Loren Loren.Bratzler at nscorp.com
Thu Jun 4 10:29:36 EDT 2015

You should be able to just set a deadline on the approval task and then put your send mail step in that deadline path.  Due to the nature of how parallel processing blocks work, the deadline path will only be enforced on the users who do not make their decision.

Here is an example where I created a parallel processing block.  There is a “requested end” deadline set on the Primary Decision step.  If the approver does not make their decision by the time the deadline is reached, the workflow takes the outcome path labeled “Primary Deadline Reached”.  In my example, I am then using a Process Control step to set the Primary Decision task to obsolete which then causes the workflow to take the “Decision Not Made” path.  However, in your case, you could replace the Process Control with a send mail step and send the notification to the current user occurring in the instance of the processing block.

[cid:image001.png at 01D09EB0.C7B70F00]

Loren Bratzler
Norfolk Southern Corporation