Workflow for Goods Receipt (MIGO) Approval

Ibrahim Khan ikhansap at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:52:05 EST 2015

Dear WF Experts,

  I want to develop a workflow for Goods Receipt (MIGO) Approval. I want to
hold the GR without posting it and send it for approval and then after
approval I want to post the GR. I tried the hold option in MIGO but if we
put the GR on hold then the material document is not generated and we need
for workflow trigger. Has anybody developed such workflow? The other option
would be a two-step GR where in use movement type 103 to post the GR Into
GR blocked stock and trigger the workflow and once it is approved use
movement type 105 to Release GR blocked stock for warehouse, but what we
are worried about this approach is it might cause some issue in the
Standard Reports or PO History Status. Please advise any feasible solution.

Regards

IK