Extended Notifications

Satish Rangaswami satish_kumar_r at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 23:42:00 EDT 2014

Hi Margaret,

If your main intention is to do a bulk cancellation [logical deletion] of work items, you could acheive that in SWIA.

Regards,
Satish

From: Margaret.Jaco at staples.com.au
To: sap-wug at mit.edu
Subject: Extended Notifications
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 03:17:03 +0000

The Extended Notification Job at our site has ground to a halt, no memory etc. This is probably because there are just too many workitems still active that have never been archived. Recently we have started
 running program RSWNNOTIFDEL and this is doing a marvellous job  of tidying up the SWN_NOTIF table. The problem is that for far too long we have had these ‘task only’ workflows starting for IDOCS.  There are a few million entries for these items that
 are without agents and have never been completed. The linkage on these has now been successfully deactivated so there are no new ones being triggered. The problem seems to be all the old entries.

I would like to do a bulk cancel of the old ‘task only’ workflows.  I have thought of having an ABAP program that uses function module SAP_WAPI_ADM_WORKFLOW_CANCEL to cancel them and then let the archiving
 process and RSWNNOTIFDEL do the rest of the work.

I have implemented note 1897379 to add the three new entries to the SWNCONFIG and set WORKITEM_VALID_FOR_NOTIF(DAYS) but it still seems to have had no effect. I had thought that this would select less items.

Is using an ABAP program and the workitem cancel function a good way to tackle this issue or is there another way out?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Margaret Jaco.

The information contained in this email and any attached files are strictly private and confidential. This email should be read only by the intended addressee only. If the recipient of this message is not the intended addressee, please call Staples Australia Pty Limited on +61 2 9335 0555 or Staples New Zealand Limited on +64 9 271 7600 and promptly delete this email and any attachments. The intended recipient of this email may only use, reproduce, disclose or distribute the information contained in this email and any attached files with the prior written permission of StaplesTM. If you are not the intended addressee, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in this email and any attached files. StaplesTM advises that this email and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses. StaplesTM accepts no liability for loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or not) resulting from the use of any attached files.