Attachment when starting a WF via WAPI

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Fri Sep 19 08:05:44 EDT 2014

Torsdag 18. september 2014 21.45.32 skrev Mike Pokraka:
> SAP_WAPI_START_WORFKLOW doesn't allow anything in the _ATTACH_OBJECTS
> container element.

Do you by that mean that you get an error message from SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW
when you add _ATTACH_OBJECTS to the container, or just that whatever you pass
is not passed on to the workflow?

I can not access any SAP system at the moment so I can not check, but my guess
is that _ATTACH_OBJECTS is not an importing container element, and that is why
your solution will not work as expected (definition: as you want it to work).

Have you tried defining an importing container element and passing your
object(s) there, or changing - if that is possible - _ATTACH_OBJECTS to be an
importing container element. The downside to the former is of course that you
need to add a container operation step to your workflow to move the object(s)
to _ATTACH_OBJECTS.

Perhaps SAP cleaned up the solution and quit doing implicit mapping of
container elements with the same name -- or perhaps they never did that when
workflows started?

--
Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)