Extended Notifications

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Wed May 28 19:24:18 EDT 2014

Hi Margaret,

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you check your Z-Object's
code. What may be happening is that something in the mail/workitem text
(or possibly a custom BSP/class for message generation?) accesses an
attribute or method that tries to lock something.

Generating an Extended Notification should be readonly, but that doesn't
stop someone from e.g. coding a lock into a virtual attribute code. From
what I recall (don't rely on it), Extended Notifications use RFC to launch
the BSP. So any unhandled errors that occur during an RFC execution will
dump as RFC errors, hence the "RFC" part of the dump is probably a bit too
generic.

Hope that helps,
Mike