Workflow Event Trace Leave On or Turn Off

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Mon Mar 10 09:55:07 EDT 2014

Hi,

> My question would be - why is it bad for performance?
>
> You certainly introduce a large number of writes to the event log table,

Isn't that considered answering your own question? :-)

On a serious note, yes you certainly introduce a large number of writes.
Of course it all depends on the size of the system. Remmeber that ALL
events are processed by the logger, not just those with linked workflows.
That means everything that's happening in the system - HR, Finance,
whatever - is pumping events into the same table. On a big system this can
easily achieve a rate of millions per hour.

Regards,
Mike