Workflow Event Trace Leave On or Turn Off

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Mon Mar 10 04:29:41 EDT 2014

Fredag 7. mars 2014 11.51.50 skrev Morris, Eddie:
> Hi Rick,
>
> On most occasions the reason was pure volume...so I guess extremely large
> installations where the trace was left on (Accidently on some occasions)
> and the system just ground to a halt. You would see all dialog processes
> consumed by the trace functions and tables.

I would suspect that even on a not so large system it could bring it to its
knees if there were a high volume of transactions that triggered events,
especially if these events also started workflows that consumed dialog
processes too.

I never leave it on in production without restricting to at least a set of
object types. In practice it is not left on in production unless we either
have a problem to investigate or we forgot to turn if off :-)

Kjetil Kilhavn / Vettug AS (http://www.vettug.no)