Reserve functionality no longer working

Cheri Myers myersc1 at nku.edu
Thu Mar 6 15:27:14 EST 2014

I have several workflows where the reserve functionality is no longer getting set when a user clicks on an item and exits out.

 I have searched in SAP Community Network (haven't posted a question yet but thought I would try the WF gurus first) and for NOTES.

We have several workflows that use the DECISION object PROCESS method in a customer defined task. We have a Budget Transfer, Travel Request and Travel Expense that use that object. This is also not working for Purchase Requisition Releases or Parked Vendor Invoice releases which use object methods for those objects.  I do have some work items working but ONLY those which have a webdynpro that we created with a specific call to either SWK_WI_SELECT or SAP_WAPI_RESERVE_WORKITEM. These workflows are working fine.

This is not working for substitution or Work Center agent determination. It is also not working in UWL or Business Workplace.

 We just did a major upgrade to EHP6, SAP Basis release 731 and SP-level 9 and my functional teams did not test this specifically during upgrade testing but I know this has worked in the past. We didn't have to code for it, it was intuitive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cheri L. Myers
ESG ABAP-Workflow Team