Communication Data Users receiving Workflows

yegorm yegorma at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:51:03 EDT 2014

Sue,
I suppose it depends on where this logic of defining the manager is
encapsulated now. Usually an agent determination rule would be used in this
case. Is it so? If so, it looks right to correct\enhance the code behind
the rule (I suppose it is an FM based rule). Then you won't have to touch
the wf definitions. Some typical precautions should be taken - if the rule
(or that particular piece of code) is used elsewhere, make sure the change
is welcome there.

A bit of advice from my recent nearly-bitter experience - whichever
approach you take, make sure the users understand what happens to the
workflow instances, that have been started before the change was applied.

Best Regards,
Egor

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Sue Doughty <Sue.Doughty at odfl.com> wrote:

> We are on Basis Release 731/0009.
>

> The HR team just implemented Phase 1 of ESS.  For all employees that do
> not use SAP (that don’t have a Dialog User in SAP), a Communication Data
> user has been created for them.
>

> Most managers in the company have SAP Dialog Users….they execute workflows
> on a daily basis.  The workflows check to see if the manager has a SAP User
> ID.  There are some managers in small terminals that do not have access to
> SAP, so the workflows will go up the Org Chart to the manager’s manager and
> send the workflows there.  Now with the Communication Data users, the
> workflows think that Communication Data users are valid SAP users and will
> give them workflows.
>

> The only way I can think of to fix it is to change each workflow to see if
> the USR02-USRTYP = A (Dialog User) for the person getting the workflows.
> There are quite a few workflows that I will have to change.
>

> Is there any other way to get around this issue without having to change
> each manager workflow?
>

> Thank you!
>
>   Sue Doughty
> SAP Workflow Analyst <http://www.odfl.com>Office: (336) 822-5189
> Fax: (336) 822-5149
> Email: Sue.Doughty at odfl.com
>   Helping the World Keep Promises.®Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
> 500 Old Dominion Way
> Thomasville, NC 27360
> www.odfl.com
>   <http://www.facebook.com/OldDominionFreightLine>
> <http://twitter.com/ODFL_Inc> <http://www.youtube.com/ODFLInc>
> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/old-dominion-freight-line>CONFIDENTIALITY
> NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be confidential,
> privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If
> the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
> agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
> you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
> copy or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If
> you have received this message in error, please delete this message and any
> attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the
> sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. Thank you for your
> cooperation.

Egor Malov