Container element as variable in functional method

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Fri Jun 6 18:22:24 EDT 2014

Hi,
With much respect, I must disagree with Jocelyn. This works perfectly well:
&THING.GET_STUFF( I_VAL=&BLAH& )&

I just tried a nested expression in a task description on 7.4 and it
worked. (Always test before disagreeing with Jocelyn - and that's meant in
a good way! :-)

I think it may have had issues in the early OO days, but certainly on 7.1
it was OK. Well, in bindings at least. I must admit I never tried it in
work item texts - Claus, as you're on an older version, suggest you try
your expression in a binding into a task container element and use that in
your text just to see if that works. If yes, report the text issue.

Jeff - re. your comments about instantiation of a utility class, this is
also unnecessary. You just treat a static class as a system element, i.e.
using % instead of &, as in:
%zcl_calendar.get_next_date( i_weekday = 'MON' )%
You don't even need IF_WORKFLOW to use this form in a binding or expression.

This was already described back in the second edition of The Book.

Regards,
Mike