Avoiding workflow collisions

Wegert, Volker volker.wegert at helios-kliniken.de
Thu Jul 3 08:29:46 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a scenario which is slightly related to http://scn.sap.com/community/bpm/business-workflow/blog/2013/02/25/more-common-mistakes-made-by-workflow-beginners, item 16: I have two workflows that operate on the same business object (represented by an OO class in this case, not a BOR object type). Both workflows are ad-hoc workflows, there is no system event that triggers the workflows. I need to ensure that for each individual business object only one workflow instance of these two workflow definitions is running at any given time. Since there is not event linkage, I can't use a check function module for this.

The workflows are started using a simple generated form to enter the key of the business object. I have extended that form with some validation procedures - check that the business object key is valid and so on. My naïve approach to tackle the new issue would be to call SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT with SELECTION_STATUS_VARIANT = 0003 and my two task IDs in TASK_FILTER, then check if there are any items returned - or am I missing something there?

Thanks
  Volker

HELIOS IT Service GmbH
IT

Volker Wegert
Teamleiter SAP i.s.h.med - Entwicklung Konzern

Telefon:
Mobil:
E-Mail:

+49 30 9401-17338
+49 152 54777467
volker.wegert at helios-kliniken.de<mailto:volker.wegert at helios-kliniken.de>

Schwanebecker Chaussee 50 - 13125 Berlin
Haus 211

Geschäftsführer: Dirk Herzberger
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Handelsregister: AG Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 101458 B