Question About Prefix Numbers

Bratzler, Loren loren.bratzler at nscorp.com
Tue Jan 21 14:01:32 EST 2014

I finally got back around to working on this again.  I created a new task today by selecting "create task" from the new activity step in the workflow definition.  This time I did get the "901" prefix.  So it does appear that it was some kind of buffering issue.  I think I should be good now going forward to get "901" tasks.

Although I do think there is some credence to what Rick said below.  When the system was still generating "900" prefix numbers, it was skipping over numbers that were already in use.  One would hope that the system would be smart enough to check to see if a newly generated number was already in use before assigning it again!

Loren