Question About Prefix Numbers

Sheldon Oxenberg soxenber at csc.com
Fri Jan 17 12:53:16 EST 2014

Hi Loren,

Yes, you are creating yourself a big problem here by configuring the same
Prefix number 900.
You should always configure a new unused (never before used) Prefix number
when you create a new Development System and/or Client.
You should maintain a list of used Prefix numbers in your SAP Landscape,
and never reuse a Prefix number, even if you remove a System/Client.

For example, you could configure your Prefix number for your new Client as
follows:

Prefix no. = 901
SAP System = ED3
Client = 100

Regards.

SHELDON OXENBERG
Professional, Solution Management
Technical Architect/SAP Business Workflow
CSC