HRASR00_UI 221 Message

Bratzler, Loren loren.bratzler at nscorp.com
Wed Jan 8 14:28:05 EST 2014

Hello WUG Community!

Back in mid-December, we installed HR support packs.  As part of that installation, a new error message was added to Message Class HRASR00_UI.  It is message number 221:

[cid:image001.png at 01CF0C7B.80F00CC0]

Message number 223 was also added as part of these support packs but it is message 221 that we are concerned with.

Immediately after the support packs went into production, we started having users reporting to us that they were getting this error message 221 raised when they tried to launch the approval task for a Personnel Action form from the Universal Worklist.  We have already opened an OSS Message with SAP but have not gotten any response yet of what the issue might be.  In fact, they have not even been able to tell us yet where and why this new message was added to the system!

Upon doing our own research we discovered that one thing all the users who were having the problem have in common is that they are all designated as a "passive" UWL substitute for someone in the system.  Further experimenting found that if we had the users either de-activate the passive substitution rules or just convert the passive substitutions to active substitutions, the problem went away.

So my questions are:

Has anyone had any experience with this new error message?  If so, were you able to determine what the criteria are that cause this message to occur?

Is there any good documentation anywhere that explains the relationships between the back-end and front-end substitution tables?  I know that on the backend, we have the HRUS_D2 and the TWFS tables.  On the Portal front-end, there is the KMC_WF_SUBSTITUTE table.  Is there anything out there that explains how these tables work together?  Does anyone know what a MODE value of "S" means on the KMC_WF_SUBSTITUTE table?

[cid:image002.png at 01CF0C7D.51364470]

And finally, has anyone successfully developed an Admin tool for maintaining these tables and keeping them in sync?  We constantly get requests to create substitution rules for users who are unexpectedly out of the office.  We have used t-code RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE to create the rules on the back-end but there is no tool for maintaining them on the front-end.  Because of this, the front-end and back-end tables are out of sync for many users.

Loren Bratzler
Norfolk Southern Corporation